Xbox for a nine year old?

(3 Posts)
RingInTheNew Mon 20-Mar-17 17:22:30

He has been asking for one for about a year. A few of his friends have one and I veer between not wanting him to be left out and thinking he's too young. His iPad recently broke and rather than replace that I'm wondering whether a console is actually more sociable (with us and his 7 yr old brother) - and since it will be in the living room
I'll be able to monitor it more. Plus he won't be hunched over an iPad screen. He wants to play FIFA too, which I think is a pretty good game - strategic, requires thought... I'd rather he was doing that than sitting in front of the telly.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts from others who have bought for this age group, and how a console compares in reality to other types of screen.

Many thanks!f

jo10000 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:36:11

Not sure I can answer all your questions but we got one for our 9 year old for Christmas. He loves it. I wasn't sure really but like you say at least I can see what he's doing, unlike a tablet.

RingInTheNew Wed 29-Mar-17 22:50:49

Thank you! We're going for it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now