Talk

Advanced search

Yes! I forgot parental control!

(5 Posts)
UnicornsAreReal666 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:49:40

Just having a little browse through my DD (8) tablet and MY right there in front of my very eyes on Google search 'a video of sex'. Now obviously the first thing I feel is shame, shame that I forgot to set her new tablets parental controls/preferences I have now. Please tell me you have a forgotten shame to make me feel better about mine blush
Before that also quite innocently she had searched 'video of Peppa pig' and 'video of Santa's (she still believes, kindof).

She has a friend in her class whom talks about sex and the amount of it, how to do it etc the subject being the father and his new girlfriend (lucky for some) it's seems without difficulty, to other class mates. Just before they had broken up for the holidays my OH was walking my DD to school, said 'friend' and father start to catch up so my DD casually walks with her friend as my OH is walking a little ahead, he tells me this friend was quite loudly and confidently telling my DD all about her father's rumpy pumpy, OH thought it a little strange for her father not to quietly take her to one side and explain to her that there is something's we keep 'private' and something's we can talk freely about even sex or the act of.
I assume he didn't unless he went on embarrassed panic mode (shut down, don't speak) (or he may have)(children -won't- might not listen) I will bring this quietly up with the teacher once they are back in school as I fear this may have influenced my DD (though yes could have been prevented by me) I'm not saying she hasn't got some ideas of her own, the school sex ed video in which I informed the school I was not happy for her to watch as I had seen it myself and my DD -isn't- wasn't mature enough at the time and we were already having some exploring problems with her and her younger sibling (natural and normal, yes) but I didn't want to add fuel to the fire whilst we were dealing with it (lightly but definitively). The school did inform me they would let me know what date they were showing the video and that she will be reading etc with others that were also not watching, this didn't happen. I found out the date and that my DD had watched the video when she came out of class giggling with her friends about the video!
Obviously I wasn't happy.

Anyway child's lock is now on!!
Little curious beings biscuit

user1477282676 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:42:26

Speak to Dd's teacher. Her friend may be being exposed to things she should not. Explain what you've told us here. You could stop the child's abuse.

FuckDaddyPig Fri 30-Dec-16 16:14:33

I will do just that. Thank you.

Maudlinmaud Fri 30-Dec-16 16:26:17

@FuckDaddyPig are you the op?

FilledSoda Fri 30-Dec-16 16:35:15

What's the question?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now