Talk

Advanced search

Should I speak to my friend about posting photos of other peoples children?

(4 Posts)
soundchic Fri 16-Dec-16 15:22:23

My friend keeps posting on Facebook photos of her childrens class doing their Christmas concert. I don't know what to do. Should I say something to her? I feel bad for the other children in those photos. She is a teaching assistant so she should really know better.

LeadPipe Fri 16-Dec-16 15:27:31

I would contact the school. In all our schools we have to give consent for our child's photo to be taken at all let alone posted on social media. We never give consent so I would be unhappy to find my child's photo on FB. She may not be aware.

SpotTheDuck Fri 16-Dec-16 15:28:06

Yes, I'd say something.

We don't have any photos of our DC online due to safety concerns about a relative. It's a serious safeguarding issue. She doesn't know those families well enough to make that decision for them.

Also isn't it likely to be forbidden as a term of her employment? I know the local nursery told me they'd outright sack any nursery worker who posted a photo of our DC online when I asked about it.

BooeyBubbleHead Fri 16-Dec-16 16:03:12

If she is a TA and the school found out, she would likely be subject to disciplinary procedures - she will have had statutory safeguarding training that would include e-safety and sharing of pictures, so she should be well aware. If not, her school are failing in their safeguarding procedures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now