Talk

Advanced search

AIBU?

(2 Posts)
NFareed Sat 03-Sep-16 09:27:00

Am I being unreasonable to be upset about a friend taking pictures of and with my 4 months old and posting them online without permission?
I did not see her taking the photos as I was preparing a bottle and left my baby with her. I have never posted any pictures of my baby online anywhere and wasn't planning to. I was browsing late at night after the outing we were at and found the photo posted to her instagram without permission and with my baby's name in the caption. I was really upset and angry. I felt like my right was taken away from me. I texted her to take it down but got no response. I assumed she was asleep as it was pretty late but she hasn't responded or taken down the picture until this moment!
Note: I asked really nicely in the text.
What do I do if I don't want people posting pics in the future?

Snapdragon01 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:02:38

I've been in simular situation the person was asked to take the photo down and it was never mentioned again. My dh family would be quite active online and knew it was going to be a problem they were told early on not to post any photos, my friends and family knew not to. If you don't trust them to take photos and not post them then don't allow them to take photos. Perhaps next time ask friend to bring baby into same room as you so they don't get an opportunity. It was very rude to even take photo without asking first IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now