Talk

Advanced search

Safe use of you tube

(7 Posts)
insanelycheerful Tue 08-Mar-16 12:45:38

This is probably a daft question but is it possible to restrict you tube settings to make it safer for DS (aged 5) to watch? He generally sticks to watching people build Lego or play doh which is great, but I am worried about what he could stray into via related content. I do supervise his use, but am sometimes unavoidably called away to deal with other DCs so it would be good to know he can't access anything dodgy or with swearing in, for example.

whatsagoodusername Tue 08-Mar-16 12:52:31

There are some sort of parental controls - i remember setting them on the iPad when DS started watching things.

Probably you need to log into it, it'll be in your settings somewhere.

StrawberryLeaf Tue 08-Mar-16 12:59:53

Download the YouTube kids app, it's fantastic and should not have any non child appropriate content.

ThereIsIron Tue 08-Mar-16 13:25:38

Make sure he has his own child account set up on the device and use the YouTube Kids app.

PotteringAlong Tue 08-Mar-16 13:26:35

Definitely YouTube kids!

insanelycheerful Tue 08-Mar-16 19:48:29

Thanks everyone! Can't believe I'd never heard of you tube kids before today, you live and learn!

Kirriemuir Mon 21-Mar-16 13:26:39

oh I have just posted the exact same question in chat (didn't realise this bit was here). Will definitely be downloading kids you tube this afternoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now