Talk

Advanced search

OurPact app to set time limits on phone - has anyone used it?

(4 Posts)
Bartolina Mon 18-Jan-16 10:48:16

I've just downloaded the OurPact app and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. By pairing with my DDs' phones I've been able to block all non-native apps from bedtime to morning. Both had already agreed not to use their phones at night but in practice it's not so easy to resist. And taking their phones away meant that functions that they rely on like the alarm clock (much more reliable than their battery-run bedside ones) and audio books were unavailable.
The app is really easy to use but I'm worried about the remote control that the company requests when you are setting up. The Privacy blurb seems similar to other apps though. Has anyone used this app? Any thoughts?

ParentsWare Mon 18-Jan-16 21:52:00

Hey Bartolina,

The OurPact team here! The message you're receiving about the "remote control" request is an Apple iOS message not an OurPact App disclaimer. This is an Apple protocol message and nothing to worry about.

We do not collect any data of anything kind from your child device. Hope this clears things up! If you have any other questions contact us at feedback@ourpact.com.

Bartolina Tue 19-Jan-16 09:36:19

Thanks, that's reassuring.

jennykay Tue 02-Feb-16 17:12:02

Personally, I have never tried that app... I use the other solution with a similar purpose. It is a keylogger for iOS from Spyrix. It allows me to monitor my kid's phones and react to some inappropriate activity on the net. I can prevent some awful situations with the help of that app as well. It is a great solution, I'd recommend you to use it too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now