Talk

Advanced search

Netflicks! How do you control it?

(5 Posts)
smilesandsun Sun 05-Jul-15 10:27:03

Hello,

I am having a difficult time monitoring what my children access in netflicks. I find they have snuck around and used iPad or whatever they can to watch netflicks and it is often not what I would like them to view. Yes I am now locking all the devices with codes only know to me...
On netflicks though with the user profiles is there a way to put passwords on these as well, so for instance the children are forced to only access their own profile rather than selecting any profile?

Thx

Newhere2 Sun 19-Jul-15 10:15:11

bumping as I'd love some guidance!!!

ObiWanCannoli Sun 19-Jul-15 10:39:09

If you go to Netflix and manage accounts you can set a kids preference children under 12 is about the only parental limit you can put on for little kids, there's also older kids and teens. I'm pretty certain you can't put pass codes on.

shockedballoon Sun 25-Oct-15 14:01:34

DS only watches Netflix on the iPad and I have the iPad restrictions turned on at all times. Set them to allowed content age limit 12 for film, and caution & restricted for TV programmes and websites. Only Netflix he can now access is the kids stuff (and youtube disappears).

I do have Netflix on the TV and we have a pass code to access it, however that was done when I first subscribed and I couldn't tell you how I did it!

AndNowItsSeven Sun 25-Oct-15 14:17:15

I use guided access on the iPad . Put netflix in kids mode then you circle the part of the screen where it says " exit kids mode" circle " yes" so they can't click on yes and therefore exit kids mode. You can also set a time limit ( via guided access) so after a certain amount the screen goes black.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now