Talk

Advanced search

Facebook

(8 Posts)
fullcircleagain Thu 22-Jan-15 23:14:25

Not sure if this is the right place to post. Apologies if not.

I've just joined the Facebook local area selling page. I'm having a big clear out. Someone has bought something. I feel a bit hesitant putting on my address to her as I've always been really careful with my facebook account. I'm always putting photos on etc of the children.

Do other people send a message via facebook and put on their address? It feels dodgy for some reason. Am I being a bit too ott. Thanks.

Redglitter Thu 22-Jan-15 23:21:47

If you PM her then it's only her that's going to see it. No different to emailing it etc

fullcircleagain Fri 23-Jan-15 08:14:47

I know. But I don't know these people I am privately messaging. And they have links to my facebook page. It feels dodgy.

Redglitter Fri 23-Jan-15 08:33:57

I think you're overthinking it. If you have your privacy settings done securely them PMing you isn't going to give them any more access to your FB page than they have just now

AgentProvocateur Fri 23-Jan-15 08:38:22

How else did you expect people why are buying from you to collect their goods? hmm If you're not happy giving out your address, you'll need to get payment through paypal and arrange postage. I'm really not sure what possible issue there could be in giving out your address. What do you think might happen?

fullcircleagain Fri 23-Jan-15 09:26:17

I know, I know. My concerns are that I post photos of the children on a daily basis. Also, put photos on when we are on holiday etc for the grandparents. By linking my address to this personal information people would know where the kids live, when the house is empty. Perhaps, as you say, I'm being a bit too precious.

Redglitter Fri 23-Jan-15 09:29:00

Well make sure your settings are so that only friends can see your posts and photos.

MirandaWest Fri 23-Jan-15 09:50:41

The person you're selling to would have to know your address (unless you meet somewhere else to sell the items). So she would be able to know where you live. That has nothing to do with Facebook. No one else on the selling group will know where you live. As other posters have said, make sure you are happy with the privacy levels of your photos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: