Talk

Advanced search

Children Photographed asleep by Teacher now on Facebook

(21 Posts)
Smileeveryday Thu 25-Nov-10 21:53:41

I have seen photographs of school children asleep on a school trip abroad taken in not nice poses and not very complimentary to them. They are all on the coach, with hair messy, some open mouthed some dribbling. One looking down a girls cleavage.
These kids look to be 14-18 years old.
I cannot believe that they know that they have been photographed, or have given permission for the pictures to be on Facebook.
The photos are viewable to all, they are not even secure or protected.
Has this teacher committed an offence? should he be reported? if so to who?smileeveryday

Feenie Thu 25-Nov-10 21:55:05

The school - would definitely be in breach of their internet safety policy.

Smileeveryday Thu 25-Nov-10 22:02:23

this is not the school's facebook page it is the teachers own private one.

RiojaLover75 Thu 25-Nov-10 22:04:54

Report them to the school! Unless the children (and that is still what they are] have agreed to be photographed the teacher should NOT be displaying this on Facebook! Disgraceful

tethersend Thu 25-Nov-10 22:07:16

Even if the the children have agreed, this should not have happened. Very unprofessional of the teacher. It could well be a sackable offence.

grapeandlemon Thu 25-Nov-10 22:10:47

Report to the school

NonnoMum Thu 25-Nov-10 22:15:51

It doesn't matter that it's not the school's page. The school will have a strict policy on ICT usage, and even to allow photos of students into the local paper, the school would have to have signed permission from parents.

What might seem like a joke to this (young? Stupid?) teacher is actually quite a serious offence.

tethersend Thu 25-Nov-10 22:20:17

There are potentially huge child protection issues with this too. You must report.

Scarabeetle Thu 25-Nov-10 22:28:32

report to Facebook too?

BeerTricksPotter Thu 25-Nov-10 22:31:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KimiaNother Tue 30-Nov-10 12:07:33

Report without delay.

aurorastargazer Tue 30-Nov-10 12:10:37

and facebook
shock how could the teacher have thought that this was acceptable behaviour????

dearprudence Tue 30-Nov-10 12:16:00

Yes, report to school.

littleducks Tue 30-Nov-10 12:16:21

I would make a copy (screenshot?) before you do anything so you have the evidence

feelingfairlyfestive Tue 30-Nov-10 12:20:41

How stupid is this teacher? They are breaking so many rules and leaving themselves (deservedly) wide open to disciplinary action!

Teachers should keep their facebook profiles on high privacy and not have children or parents as friends. No pictures of school children should be published in this way. If this was my DD's teacher I would be livid. Take copies and get yourself up to the school pronto!

meltedmarsbars Tue 30-Nov-10 12:22:24

This is a disciplinary matter for the school Head Teacher to sort out - tell him/her quickly, and as other posters have said, copy or send the offensive material too.

TheLifeOfRiley Tue 30-Nov-10 12:22:54

shock That is appalling! Definately report but I agree you ought to make a screenshot beforehand as teacher will no doubt delete evidence.

IDontLikeDisciples Tue 30-Nov-10 12:29:50

link?

feelingfairlyfestive Tue 30-Nov-10 12:34:25

PLease don't link, the photos should not be on the internet at all.

StealthPolarBear Tue 30-Nov-10 12:36:38

shock agree with everyone else & please don't link

IDontLikeDisciples Tue 30-Nov-10 12:42:00

Sorry that was maybe silly to post, but tbh I find this hard to believe...

Tough hardly something worth making up...hmmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: