Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Please Help Boost My Child's Self Worth

(2 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Sat 02-Dec-17 23:53:36

My DD (age 8) left two notes to our Elf tonight. One said " take me to the north pole with you when you leave please. I think I will for in better up there."
And
"Please make my Christmas wish come true and make me fit in and my friends nice to me"

I want to respond as the elf but not quite sure what to say. Tongue you some background we have been having a lot of problems with her and this week we went to the doctor as she has been having meltdowns and taking her frustration out on herself by biting and scratching herself.

CrmbleBee Sun 03-Dec-17 08:34:16

Have you contacted the school? They need to know this and can put some interventions in place to build up a friendship group for her. Also, get her involved in some out of school clubs- she can then develop a life outside of school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now