Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Severe nightmares

(3 Posts)
MummaCait Wed 29-Nov-17 00:35:13

My DD has just reached 10 months (yay) but I'm concerned. At 3/4 months of age, I stopped contact with her biological father due to a lot of issues. Since then, she has been suffering from severe nightmares. The only reason I know its nightmares is due to her pain inducing screams that last anywhete between 30 seconds to 5 minutes without her waking. And I physically can not wake her. She won't take a bottle so she isn't waking for a feed, and once she stops she'll sleep for 2/3 hours after until she wakes for a feed. Im concerned for her mental health as I feel my ex partner has caused her to have memories of that night of whatever had happened. They've severely gotten worse since... What do I do? Im so lost and I feel so sorry for her...

Ttbb Wed 29-Nov-17 00:37:50

You really need to take her to a doctor. You can't know that they are nightmares. There may actually be sonething physically wrong with her. At any rate this is very unusual.

MummaCait Thu 30-Nov-17 19:05:10

I've already had her physically checked, shes 100% healthy, and she is perfectly happy until she falls asleep, and she just doesn't rest, she has bags under her eyes and she is clearly unhappy when dreaming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now