Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide


(4 Posts)
Dillyson Wed 17-May-17 17:00:11

My 14 yr old DS is in the middle of being diagnosed with depression. He's had suicidal thoughts.
I've been advised not to leave him alone for periods longer than 15 mins other than at night.

We've been trying to keep a routine going by attending school as much as possible. He is sent home regularly as he isn't coping with school at all.

I have a p/t job and I keep having to call to say I'm not able to attend.

If I were to resign would I be able to claim any benefits? I'm at a loss as to what I should do. My husband stays with him when he can but he has a 90 minute commute.

Hercules12 Wed 17-May-17 19:18:56

Just bumping for you. I replied on your other thread about your poor ds. No advice though. We were able to manage between us and dh could do flexible hours. At one point though we were prepared for one of us to give up work.
Hope you get some good advice.

Dillyson Wed 17-May-17 19:58:42

Thank you. Things are no better. CAMHS and GP next week.

walkingthrotreacle Sat 20-May-17 08:49:39

Talk to your GP. They may be prepared to sign you off sick. It's a stressful situation and you need to be ok in order to help your child.
Other options are talking to your work place about unpaid leave - e.g. parental leave, time off for dependants. All these options can buy you time. I am in a similar situation and have had to use all of these. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: