Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Loosing my child due to mental health issues, please help?

(4 Posts)
user1494889427 Tue 16-May-17 00:19:47

My son has been displaying traits of autism for a few years now he is 8 he was assessed by camhs and received a negative conclusion. From there we moved onto assessing ADHD within camhs which we also received a negative conclusion. My son is now refusing school and is violent to teachers when he does attend which hasn't been for a few months now, he is also violent to his parents and suffers meltdowns. This week my son was removed from my care due to his refusal to go to school and has now been placed with his father although I do get weekend access my son is still refusing school and I am terrified the next option will be an institution or foster parents. I am completely in shock about having my son removed from my care as the only issue is school although I know school is extremely important there is no issues of neglect or abuse or affection. I am asking anyone who has any experience in any of these issues with a child to offer any advice possible as I fear I will loose him to the care system if he doesn't start attending school. Any advice will be highly appreciated confused

Lottielottie42 Thu 25-May-17 21:24:09

He was removed by social services for refusing school?

QuiteLikely5 Thu 25-May-17 21:46:11

I can offer advice but you will have to give more of an insight as to why he has been removed.

School refusal on its own would not necessarily result in removal.

Lottielottie42 Thu 25-May-17 22:30:02

What section was he removed under? I'm sorry but it's highly unlikely your child would be removed without any other risk of harm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now