Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Stressed out

(3 Posts)
hugz Thu 02-Feb-17 00:51:58

It's almost 1am uk time. I'm wide Awake on our local hospitals childrens ward. My teenage son has attempted suicide for the third time in 2 years.

Juney21 Thu 02-Feb-17 12:36:08

I can only imagine what you're going through. What a terrible situation.

Since this is the third time, I assume you've had help and know why he feels this way. If you do, are you willing to say why? If not, it's difficult to know how to respond.

My heart goes out to you.

hugz Thu 02-Feb-17 21:06:00

We have been discharged. We have been to cahms with the same worker for 18 months. We have had various support from charitable organisations. He doesn't know why he does it or isn't saying. He seemed different this time. He didn't isolate himself at all. We are also in the middle of re feed from anorexia. At least he's know officially diagnosed with depression. We have been kind of left hanging for a long time. It's about catching him before he does it. Looking out for the signs. This is not so easy in a very secretive 16 year old boy who's very independent and stubborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now