Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Child therapist /CBT Central or South east London

(4 Posts)
Jojobee18 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:12:33

Hello there
I think my daughter is suffering from depression. Does anyone know of a good private therapist in central or south east london ? ( we are in CAnada water)

BenguinsMummy Sun 29-Jan-17 20:04:16

Your best option would be getting your DD referred to CAHMS, you can request this through your GP... Depression has several ways of being treated, for example medications, counselling or both, a proper assessment t would determine the best form of treatment for your DD if she is depressed.

Jojobee18 Sun 29-Jan-17 21:51:43

Thanks for the advice but we have tried the gp twice and no go. I don't think there is any funding . The problem is my daughter always plays it down when we are in the gp.
We took, her to private counselling for a few months and this helped a bit but have heard theat CBT works well so would like to try this.

Lamere Mon 30-Jan-17 10:07:25

Clinical Partners would be able to refer you to someone locally. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: