Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Your child could contribute to an exhibition about brain injury / neurological disorders

(2 Posts)
LondonBrainProject Tue 14-Jun-16 21:24:33

Hi there, we are a social enterprise with the aim of myth busting about brain injury, mental health and neurological conditions.

We are really struggling to get families involved in a new, free and fun art workshop in London for children with brain injury and their families. Do you know anyone who would like to come along and be part of it? The art from the workshop will go in to an exhibition at Great Ormond Street Hospital. We will pay for travel and there's a free lunch too!

Here is the information (please help us share and spread the word!)-

BE PART OF AN EXHIBITION AT GREAT ORMOND STREET....

London Brain Project are inviting families with experience of childhood brain injury to come along and take part in a free & fun art workshop called 'Beyond my Brain' (http://www.londonbrainproject.com/beyond-my-brain/).

The workshop will take place on Saturday June 25th in central London (WC1N 1EH), we will pay for travel expenses, and lunch will be provided.

At the workshop you and your children will have the opportunity to co-create artworks with professional artists and scientists who run cutting-edge research into brain injury and neurological disorder.

Expect friendly, fun art-making in a relaxed environment! You can see the types of workshop we run here...

www.londonbrainproject.com/

To find out more or to book a place please email londonbrainproject@gmail.com by Saturday 18th June.

Best wishes
Team LBP

EmmaMartins Fri 15-Jul-16 11:37:12

Hello everyone!

My name is Emma and I am currently suffering with a brain injury and I have decided to do a short film on the topic. I'm now looking for people who would like to take part.

In 2013 I was only on holiday, caught a virus, six months later still in hospital with very little memory.

I had to relearn to do most of the things that I am doing today.

Previously I worked for the Discovery Channel as a producer. I spent so much time travelling for work. I loved my work, my life!

I'm now 2 1/2 years into my injury with potentially another 2 to go. Or more...

So I've decided to make a film!

The film will only be 5 minutes long and will be raising awareness for The United Kingdom Acquried Brain Injury Forum.

I'm hoping to highlight the different types of Brain injuries and show the stories of life changing brain injuries.

Please feel free to pass on my contact details to other people who might be interested to participate.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Emma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now