Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Is it just bad behaviour?

(3 Posts)
NakedMum33and3rd Mon 11-Apr-16 20:00:31

This has probably been posted time and time again but I need some advice or just someone to talk to.
DS has just turned 4. He has always been challenging even as a tiny baby he was never content. Never slept well and is highly demanding.
He is an absolute angel when he is happy but atleast twice a day we have hour long battles and tantrums where I can't even describe his behaviour. It is always over nothing, this evening it was because I got his brother out of the bath before him. He just screamed for an hour and absolutely nothing I could do could help him. This morning it was because he wanted to wear a long sleeved vest under his preschool tshirt and I didn't have a dry one. We were late for school and I felt so awful.
He is very sensitive to noise and touch but he loves a cuddle and tells me he loves me all the time.
He talks about himself in the third person a lot and explains that there is a naughty boy inside him who comes out and he has to kill him. These stories he makes up worry me as we have never spoken like this before.
There is a history of mental illness in my family but DH won't have that there could be anything wrong with our DS.
I love my DS so much and I wouldn't want him any other way but he just seems so unhappy and I am at my wits end.
He was an early talker and is advanced with his speech. He is over empathetic and amazing with his brother and I try to convince myself that these qualities mean he must be normal but it's niggling at the back of my mind all the time.
Sorry for the epic post. I feel quite lost and have no one to talk to.

NakedMum33and3rd Mon 11-Apr-16 20:12:45

I just read this back to myself and realised I forgot to mention some of his other traits that make me suspicious.
He is very dependant on routine. If he goes to bed 20 minutes later than usual he can't cope. He wakes up at the exact same time every day.
He has been very confused over the Easter holidays with not going to preschool everyday which has caused a huge increase in disruptive behaviour.
He has no bladder control.
He eats his food on specific orders. He wants to wear the same thing every day. He refuses to wear a jumper or coat even in freezing cold temperatures.

socubatevira Mon 07-Aug-17 21:39:42

Just browsing and getting to grips with MN. Realise you posted well over a year ago and no one answered your post! I don't even know if you're still on MN, but if there's a chance you see this, I just wanted to ask how you are? Are things any better for you all? Hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now