Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

this gave me chills

(12 Posts)
Geexox Thu 07-Jan-16 00:38:43

So a while back I bought some drawers second hand off someone she told me the kids had doodled on the back of them but as it was only the back I didn't mind, anyways i only just noticed today what they actually say and it reads 'the next person reading this will suffer til death..die die die' and it read from 'the sand horror' it's really freaked me out! I mean surely that's not normal for a child too write?!
I don't really know what to think of it to be perfectly honest, but there's no way there could be any truth in it is there!?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 07-Jan-16 00:44:53

It might be from a book, or a film, or a computer game. It isn't a nice thing to write but, in itself, not very concerning imo.

Nothing to get freaked out about at all,and, no, there is no truth in it.

Don't need to think anything of it, either sand it off, paint over it, or stick it against a wall so you can't see the writing.

Pobspits Thu 07-Jan-16 00:45:44

I would say it is pretty normal and oh yeah I know LOADS of people who have died agonising deaths because of the sand horror curse. Oh well OP maybe wasn't such a bargain after all?grin

Geexox Thu 07-Jan-16 00:50:12

I wouldn't mind but I myself wouldn't sell something my child had wrote that on! And they were meant to be for my sons room! I'm only a new mum so probably over thinking about it my partner found it hilarious I on the other hand did not feel a bit silly now blush

ComtesseDeSpair Thu 07-Jan-16 01:21:58

If you bought them a while ago and hadn't noticed it's possible the seller didn't either - she may not have thought DC's scribbles worth reading.

I don't think it's concerning for a child to have written it. As Elsa says, it could just be from a book or film but I can totally imagine my brother and I fabricating awful spooky curses or stories like a "sand horror" to taunt each other with when we were younger. And we're not weird or causes for concern, honestly!

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Thu 07-Jan-16 01:33:40

I wouldn't put it past my kids to write something like that - and we're a v naice family. They can be horrors. grin

Seriously, just find a black maker and scribble it out.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Thu 07-Jan-16 01:36:31

Plus, thinking logically, you're not the 'next' person reading it - the seller had read it, as she wrote about it in the ad, so it'll be them stricken down. You're safe wink

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Thu 07-Jan-16 01:41:46

That sounds like a fit of pique from a kid who had been told off.

My dt were far more sinister. At very young age one used to make random pronouncements in slightly redrum voice such as "I see dark clouds coming. I see dark clouds" and "you are going to die soon". Sometimes her dt joined in. The Shining she is a right cheery wee soul.

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Thu 07-Jan-16 01:42:33

^ by young age I mean about 24 months.

DancingDinosaur Thu 07-Jan-16 01:43:53

Not the sand horror? Noooooooo! The curse of the sand horror is on your drawers.....

No I don't think theres any truth in it. Can't you paint it out?

BastardGoDarkly Thu 07-Jan-16 01:55:39

Sand off the sand horror (wtf is the sand horror?!)

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Thu 07-Jan-16 11:08:03

The curse of the sand horror is on your drawers.....

That is when sand gets in your pants and makes them all scratchy.

We've all had it on the way back from the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now