Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Ideas for how to help DP and DSS

(1 Post)
Carla1979 Mon 16-Feb-15 21:21:01

Have been struggling to know where to go for advice so thought I'd log in here. Having read others stories can see a huge amount of others have similar & more challenging situations - so thanks in advance to any help.

I'll keep it brief - DP has 2 teenage DS's who stay one school night and one day & night every weekend. He adores his DS's and generally they have a good balance. Last 6-9 months eldest DS (14) has become increasingly isolated, quiet, angry, fidgety, withdrawn etc. Personally I've had episodes of depression since teen though as an adult I've (mostly) got a good healthy approach to life. DP sees & recognises that his DS is struggling. He doesn't know how to help. I don't know how to help either of them, particularly in my essentially SP role? Practical & emotional suggestions very welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now