Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Disturbed child about to be orphaned

(3 Posts)
Bloodybridget Mon 17-Nov-14 21:15:39

I don't want to say too much for privacy reasons. A child I know of lost their mother 5 years ago; child is now 11 and very challenging and father has a terminal illness. The named guardian is not a sibling, is quite young, and overwhelmed at the prospect. Anyone know where useful help and advice could be found? Apols if this is too vague.

Quitelikely Mon 17-Nov-14 21:16:53

Yes social services can help especially if the guardian doesn't feel ready for a responsibility like this one!

Bloodybridget Tue 18-Nov-14 09:14:54

Thanks, yes I guess they will.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: