Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Book recommendations to help anxious DD age 10

(3 Posts)
Stripyhoglets Thu 30-Oct-14 23:44:25

My dd is quite anxious and it's getting worse. We did get an assessment by CAHMs when she was referred after a paediatrician treated her for a bowel problem as the doctor could see we were all anxious and worried, but they didn't take her on. The anxiety is over all sorts now, a lot of health anxiety, and I am worried about how to deal with it so it doesn't get worse. Anxiety is an issue in our family and I do suffer as well so want to give her some techniques in dealing with it now. Can anyone recommend a book, and/or how to get some private help if we feel she needs it as can't face CAHMs again and think they only have resources for very unwell kids now anyway. Thanks.

MilkThistle187 Thu 30-Oct-14 23:51:37

Ds suffers from anxiety, he had CBT with a psychologist who works with children and it has made a tremendous difference to his life. We had to go privately but it was really worth it.

Stripyhoglets Mon 03-Nov-14 00:54:12

Thank you, think I will look into that more for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now