Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Vitamin b for 16 yo son

(3 Posts)
desperatemom123 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:26:19

Any advice please, was considering vitamin b supplement for my son, he doesnt want help for his depression, wont talk, wont see gp,.

Just want opinions of taking vitamin b, is it safe, side effects, dosage, how long should take it.

Thanks

desperatemom123 Thu 20-Feb-14 18:09:43

Anyone have any advice here?

duchesse Thu 20-Feb-14 18:24:36

I think most Vit Bs are water soluble, aren't they? Not sure about that. Water soluble vits are generally peed out if they are surplus to requirements. Given the average diet of the average teen, I am certain that a good vitamin supplement is a very good way to begin. Can he take Berocca type vitamin? It's got a lot of Bs and bound to boost energy levels and it tastes palatable. Otherwise tehre are various teenager specific products out there- I give mine WellTeen supplements and fish oils for the omega 3s.

I don't feel in any way qualified to advise in any way whether it's a good idea for him not to seek medical help. Could you make an appointment with your GP alone to discuss this? See what he/she advises. I think many people do that when they have concerns about a relative who won't seek medical treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now