Talk

Advanced search

Update on feisty runaway hen..

(3 Posts)
Lilliput Thu 06-Aug-09 21:54:02

The day before yesterday I could here her on the other side of the (high) garden fence when I went out to let the other hens out and feed them. Then this morning I couldn't believe it, there she was in the garden. I managed to shoo her into the pen. I spoke to my chicken friend who gloated and said I told you so, she would turn up. He said he would come by and clip her wings for me once she had followed the other two into bed in the evening. Well she had other ideas and flew out of the pen and up into the trees behind to roost. Anyway we spent an hour of cat and mouse until it was pretty dark and she couldn't see. She now has very short wings and knows who's boss. She is very lucky not to be Sunday roast. I do feel quite sorry for her as her legs look awful, really scabby.
Anyway, she's alive and locked up now and if she gets out again I'm not chasing and hunting for her, she is on her own.

Doodle2u Mon 10-Aug-09 11:15:00

grin

LilyBolero Sat 15-Aug-09 16:26:48

Glad she's back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now