Talk

Advanced search

Oooh I think I might be getting excited........

(8 Posts)
damewashalot Wed 29-Jul-09 20:28:06

We have finally decided to go for it, need to order a hen house, dh is going to build a run and I have arranged to go and look at little cute baby chickens on Saturday, just wait 'til i tell ds2 grin

CaramelisedOnions Wed 29-Jul-09 20:30:41

luvly....

can you tell me how much your chicks will cost and what breed they are?

I want some but hear that some are not 'cheap'

damewashalot Wed 29-Jul-09 21:10:28

Not quite sure about that bit yet! It will depend how old they are when we get them, which will depend on which ones we want and how soon they can be sexed but somewhere in the region of £10 ish which is a bit more than the boring brown ones my friend has but less than some places around here for similar breeds, our options will be...... welsummer, legbar, bantam maran and buff orpington.

damewashalot Thu 30-Jul-09 11:48:29

Ordered an ark last night grin

CaramelisedOnions Thu 30-Jul-09 20:40:56

lurve buff orpingtons and brahmas - really nice old fashioned types and supposed to be really tame etc.

Halestones Thu 30-Jul-09 20:46:04

Hoping to get an eglu at some point this year, however only just gotten rid of some rather large rats in the shed, so waiting for the dust to settle!

damewashalot Fri 31-Jul-09 10:28:08

We are getting one of these

Lilliput Fri 31-Jul-09 21:36:34

Bugger me, that is a lot of money. I'll post a picture of what we have knocked up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now