Talk

Advanced search

God I love my chickens.

(7 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 27-May-09 10:40:08

watching them out of the window,e ating worms anbd getting wet and generally having fun. I love them.
sorry for the super soppy post.

Aaw that's lovely. I've always wanted to keep chickens (now's really not the right time but maybe in 5 years or so...) are they friendly and do they follow you around? do you feed them scraps?

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 27-May-09 10:51:19

they are so friendly, they mob you when you open the back door, they eat any scraps (except meat obviously), they are so cheap to keep and they give you the tastiest eggs in the world.
And great therapy, you could watch them all day.

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 27-May-09 10:51:19

they are so friendly, they mob you when you open the back door, they eat any scraps (except meat obviously), they are so cheap to keep and they give you the tastiest eggs in the world.
And great therapy, you could watch them all day.

Aaw they sound great! I definitely want some some day. How many have you got? do you have to have a cockerel to get them to lay eggs?

Washersaurus Wed 27-May-09 11:23:04

Aww I love our chickens too; they are quite wily in their continued attempts to escape their free range patch into the man next door's veggie patch though, but also quite stupid when it comes to standing out in the rain and getting drenched.

They know their names though and absolutely love being stroked - even by the boys shock

mrsrawlinson Tue 02-Jun-09 18:37:52

We're getting some rescue ones soon. I'm SO EXCITED!

Just thought I'd share that <needs to go to room and calm down emoticon>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now