loader

Talk

Advanced search

Runs on paving slabs

(10 Posts)
sarah293 Sun 11-Jan-09 15:53:16

Message withdrawn

bramblebooks Sun 11-Jan-09 17:07:35

dunno hon, on the omlet forum they suggested bark chipping - can you get a larger bark chipping?

Doodle2U Sun 11-Jan-09 19:00:19

I use Easibed over slabs, Riven. If you buy Easibed PLUS, it contains citronella which breaks down the poo and also keeps the flies away in the summer.

We have a roof on our run (see profile pics) and that helps a lot. It doesn't get soggy. Every two or three months, I scrape the lot out, hose down the slbas and put fresh Easibed down.

Hope this helps.

sarah293 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:09:15

Message withdrawn

Doodle2U Sun 11-Jan-09 19:11:40

It's horse bedding Riven. It's little chips of wood, for want of a better explanation! I get ours from the local agricultural supplier but I've seen it in Pets At Home and a few local, larger pet shops who also cater for horse stuff.

It composts down a treat as well!

sarah293 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:20:28

Message withdrawn

Doodle2U Mon 12-Jan-09 15:54:39

Rivem did you track any down? DH has reminded me that it was layers pellets we saw in Pets At Home, NOT Easibed.blush Sorry, I was sure that's where I'd spotted it but anyway, it's still pretty easy to get hold of and most suppliers will deliver.

bronze Mon 12-Jan-09 16:00:06

I use hemcore or auboise. Both are similar to easibed

alibubbles Thu 19-Feb-09 20:52:01

I use Aubiose on my slabs, I find that I am having to replace it more often than when it was on earth. the earth seemed to absorb a lot of the poo and wee, and the aubiose stayed cleaner.

it gets more compacted, more quickly, even though my run is covered ( 12 x 10), I am cleaning out every 4 weeks instead of 6-8. I use a snow shovel, it works brilliantly.

I have people queuing up for the compost which I advertise on freecycle.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 20-Feb-09 09:00:59

I have just put my run on half slab, slabs round the edges but still earth in the middle and under the cube, it seems a lot drier, i didnt have the energy to slab the whole area and I had enough slabs lying around to do the edges.
To those who have shoe racks (doodle) how do you keep them clean, I am constantly scrubbing mine as it is revolting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now