Talk

Advanced search

does anyone sell eggs from the front gate?

(5 Posts)
BloodySmartarse Sat 30-Aug-08 15:10:33

thinking of doing this and have assumed a wee table and box for money will be sufficient... but is it ok to leave the eggs out of the fridge that long?
how do you do it?

i suppose only put a few boxes down there at a time and see how they sell is most obvious answer... blush

hstar Sat 30-Aug-08 17:20:34

we buy our eggs from a farm and the box is just out side with a jar in to leave the money in
depends if the coin would go walkabout iykwim
also...eggs in the supermarket are not refrigerated??? although I keep mine in the fridge when I get them..lol

x

FuriousGeorge Sat 30-Aug-08 22:19:14

I sell veg from a table outside with an honesty box-I've never been ripped off yet.As for eggs,I have NEVER kept them in the fridge,as my mum always reckoned they went off quicker that way.The eggs we buy from the local farm are not refrigerated either.

Don't forget to put up a sign asking folk to return the egg boxes & good luck with your sales!

thesockmonsterofdoom Sun 31-Aug-08 07:26:39

I was thinking when I have excess eggs (which could be a while yet) I would put a sign in the window to knock on the door.

BloodySmartarseToTheRescue Wed 03-Sep-08 11:56:52

oh yeah! re eggs in supermarkets not being refrigerated.... duuuhhhhhh

blushgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now