Talk

Advanced search

:-( Purdey looks like she may be sick...

(7 Posts)
BloodySmartarse Fri 29-Aug-08 09:40:47

Purdey, my lovely grey orpington pullet, looks all funny this morning. stayed on her perch sleeping... till i checked on her then she moved, but not far... and is now sitting, eyes closed on the floor of the run. she also appears to be panting a little.
she is about due to come into lay... could it be that shes just a bit taken aback by internal workings?

DaisySteiner Fri 29-Aug-08 16:05:22

Sorry to say I think that sounds quite serious. I'd consider taking her to the vet I think.

BloodySmartarse Fri 29-Aug-08 19:23:18

she did come out a bit later and has been out in the field during the day... shes sitting about a bit, but thats not unusual.
will get a good look at her at bedtime (v soon) and if shes not well, i'll bring her in for the night and take her to the vet in the morning.
i hope shes ok!
shes beautiful...

DaisySteiner Fri 29-Aug-08 20:44:27

How is she?

BloodySmartarse Fri 29-Aug-08 23:06:26

she seems fine - phew!
will keep my eye out just in case, but she seemed absolutely fine.
managed to pick her up and have a cuddle at bedtime... she seemed ok to me. was running about and running up to me at bedtime for the usual suppertime treat...
maybe i was just earlier than usual this morning to let them out and she normally sleeps in, a bit like ds2... who knows??
fingers crossed.

DaisySteiner Sat 30-Aug-08 08:29:48

Yes, maybe it was that. It was the panting that rang warning bells for me - have never had a happy ending when mine have done that!

BloodySmartarse Sat 30-Aug-08 14:15:02

yes, the panting thing had me worried too... maybe that was fairly normal breathing, i dunno... i haven't had them that long really, and theyre out and about so i haven't spent all that much time observe their breathing or sleeping behaviour.

she seems fine again today too...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now