Talk

Advanced search

LICE <boak>

(7 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Thu 28-Aug-08 21:26:47

stripey has lice, I was washing her fluffy knickers when I noticed she had a bald bit then I noticed crawly things and eggs laid round the base of the feathers.
I have trated all the hens with johnsons lice and mite powder and scrubbed the hopuse and covered that in powder, and scraped all the aubiose fromhe run and moved the run and re seeded the grass where it was.
I am blardy knackered now.
Poor old stripey, no eggs here for a few days then sad

BloodySmartarse Fri 29-Aug-08 23:16:05

washing her fluffy knickers?
what does that entail then?
fear i may be a lax poultry keep er as i haven't the foggiest what youre on about.
(apart from the lice part - bleaurgh. once dusted etc tho, should all be sorted, non?)

thesockmonsterofdoom Sat 30-Aug-08 09:41:31

the fluffly bit unde her tail, it was pooey so I washed it blush I think actually I may be slightly ott chook mum.
lice have now gone and I have stoppped itching.

sarah293 Sat 30-Aug-08 09:43:10

Message withdrawn

thesockmonsterofdoom Sat 30-Aug-08 10:32:32

I sellmyself as slightly mad don't I. i am very new to all this chook malarky, I am sure I will relax soon.

tortoiseshell Sat 30-Aug-08 10:34:05

I put lice powder and red mite powder in their dust bath every 6-8 weeks. We have had a bit of a red mite problem this year, but seem to be on top of it - lots of powdering and spraying the house!

BloodySmartarse Sat 30-Aug-08 13:55:33

grin at selling self as slightly mad grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now