Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

a quick one - 'conversation9; rate for bantum eggs when cooking!

(8 Posts)
funnypeculiar Thu 21-Aug-08 22:29:40

I need 6 egg whites for a recipe - have lovely little bantum eggs - was going to bung one extra in - will that be enough?
TIA

<very excited at posting in this topic>

Callisto Fri 22-Aug-08 08:44:53

I usually double up if 2 eggs, but the ratio of yolk to white seems to be greater with bantam eggs than big chook eggs so if it is a whites recipe you may need at least 12 bantam eggs. This is my experience of my Barbu's who lay tiny eggs, some bantams lay relatively big eggs.

Callisto Fri 22-Aug-08 08:50:21

Sorry, that wasn't terribly clear - if a recipe needs 2 normal sized eggs I use 4 of my tiny Barbu eggs.

DaisySteiner Fri 22-Aug-08 08:55:23

I weigh them (uncracked) - a 'normal' egg is about 60g so I use the same number of eggs to give me the right weight for the recipe. So if it uses 6 eggs, that's about 360g.

Callisto Fri 22-Aug-08 09:03:32

Much better method than my 'look and guess' system, Daisy. grin

funnypeculiar Fri 22-Aug-08 10:59:55

Fab - thanks all smile

BloodySmartarse Thu 28-Aug-08 20:30:09

lol at being excited at posting in here... i am disturbingly excited about posting in here and i do it all the time blush

lol too at conversation rate... i dont get much in the way of conversation out of my eggs, am i doing something wrong? wink

funnypeculiar Wed 03-Sep-08 21:29:21

Have just come back to check this as I needed to check the rates again, and am roffling about my 'conversation' rate - how did I not notice that??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now