Talk

Advanced search

kitchen antics!

(6 Posts)
crkm Mon 18-Aug-08 15:36:51

ok, so the kids are in and out of the garden all day so the backdoor to the kitchen is open pretty much constantly, the chickens are so nosey they keep coming in too! every time i shoo them out, they come back. wouldnt mind but they mess everywhere and i really dont need to be clearing up after them ! point to self - train dc to close the door after themselves, then the chickens cant get in!!! hmm

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 18-Aug-08 15:50:02

dh shows them the paxo grin

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Mon 18-Aug-08 23:40:29

Our old hens used to do this, after they'd checked over the kitchen floor, they'd often cosy up in the pile of boots by the back door.

A friend has a great photo of her favourite old cockerel asleep in the middle of her kitchen table. shockgrin

Califrau Tue 19-Aug-08 00:02:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crkm Tue 19-Aug-08 11:52:49

as soon as i let them out this morning they were straight to the kitchen door. dc think its highly amusing - but i have only just washed the floor this morning!! smile

HappypillsGalore Tue 19-Aug-08 17:39:53

dp used to get all irate about it and shoo them out. i like it personally, but then, i dont clean the floors wink

we have them penned in to just the old orchard now [little bit sad] coz they kept ranging further than was safe... like onto the road.

they still have a massive area, i just liked em popping up all over the place. its surreal innit? (grown up in the concrete jungle emoticon)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now