Talk

Advanced search

EGLU & CUBE OWNERS - plastic roosting bars - Fanbloodytastic! :D

(5 Posts)
Doodle2U Thu 14-Aug-08 22:36:06

Cube arrived in May, which was before Omlet introduced plastic roosting bars, so ours were wooden.

I begrudgingly paid for plastic ones - well the damn thing cost a fortune and it irked me that new Cube owners would be getting the plastic ones for the same price, but anyway, they arrived today and I am delighted. The three girls have all gone to sleep on them tonight, so they're OK with them and they are soooooooooo easy to get in and out etc.

They come in two halves for the Cube, which means each half can be dipped into a bucket for cleaning - marvellous.

It doesn't take much for me to get excited, does it? I've gotta get out more, I really do!grin

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 15-Aug-08 07:59:08

too right,I have never dealt with the wooden ones, but I take them out every morning hose them down and pop them back in, 2 secs spotless cube, lovely and fresh and nbo flies. I love my cube completley anyway.

Bronze Sun 17-Aug-08 11:51:37

I'm mildly pissed off having bought when it was all wooden and emailed them asking for plastic I now can't afford them so I have t carry on with my two pairs of each falling apart wooden bars.

Doodle2U Sun 17-Aug-08 12:24:56

Bronze - I know it's irritating - I felt the same way BUT try, try, try to save up and get some. You'll be well chuffed with them.

In the meantime, the wooden ones need extra screws - I only had one set and one of the bars lifted off the first time I took it out to clean. Those staples they use are shit aren't they?

Otherwise, how's it going with chickens & Cube? One of mine shouted her head off at 7.10am this morning - so bang went my neighbours Sunday lie-in. Am now sneaking around so none of them catch me in the garden and give me grief about it (as I would if I was a neighbour and next door had chickens and I didn't blush) grin

HappypillsGalore Tue 19-Aug-08 21:53:45

i just ordered some today... i also have two decrepit sets of wooden ones hmm

the cube, and indeed whole chicken area (an old orchard) is quite far from a tap and i dont clean properly as often as id like... but its easy to scrape off all the crap day to day, and much easier with plastic i hope.

reminds me tho, once my broody hen has failed to hatch any of these silkie eggs (a week to go) then i really must give the thing a good and proper cleanout. might even get the steam cleaner out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now