Talk

Advanced search

Nowty Nora has FINALLY given up her broody status!

(7 Posts)
Doodle2U Sun 10-Aug-08 20:54:16

So not the most exciting news in the world but can I just tell you - WHAT A FECKIN' RELIEF!grin

Twas the longest 20 odd days EVER but peace has returned (for now) and although she hasn't laid yet (she finished being broody yesterday), she's back with the others and enjoying life again and all the bloody squarking has stopped.

Also, just for information, whilst she was broody, she came out for two 20 minute periods a day (because I made her) and she did one HUGE poo each day which STANK! Apparenly, this is usual, so anyone who has yet to experience a broody chicken - be warned!
<boak>

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Mon 11-Aug-08 00:16:54

Broody chicken shit is indeed unspeakably rank.

I'm glad she's back with the flock. Broodies can be so obnoxious. <rubs pecked & bruised wrist from earlier broody incident>

electricbarbarella Mon 11-Aug-08 08:49:02

why is that, how weird?

Doodle2U Mon 11-Aug-08 10:53:59

Well I can only guess it's because they hold it in for so long, it gathers a stinking, methane cloak before they dump AND it's mixed in with hormones!

That's my professional analysis of the situation (no vet school would have me, would they!blush)

mummydoc Mon 11-Aug-08 11:03:03

20 days is nothing at our coop black hen is currently entering her 7 th week of broodiness and is so vicious when we try to evict her out of hte nest box i have given up an dhave to send the kids out each day to check she is still breathing

Doodle2U Mon 11-Aug-08 12:14:05

SEVEN weeks??? shock

Gawd, I'd be thinking 'dinner table' for her if I had to deal with her for 7 weeks!grin

threadsimon Mon 11-Aug-08 22:01:03

blimey!
am v lucky with my docile wee broody then...\
mind you, the cube is starting to reek to high heaven... bleurgh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now