Talk

Advanced search

Sqwarky chicken driving me mad - but might be forgiven if laying.

(7 Posts)
TeeBee Wed 06-Aug-08 11:41:50

Do your hens sqwark for ages (and I'm talking hours) if they are laying? Mine is going bonkers this morning and is driving me mad. She hasn't gone into roost but has not shut up. She hasn't layed for a couple of months because she was moulting so I was thinking that maybe she is considering laying again. What do you think? Does it sound like laying? She hasn't made this much noise in the past though.

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Wed 06-Aug-08 11:43:12

lol, I read this as "sqwarky children driving me mad"

must get more sleep

grin

TeeBee Wed 06-Aug-08 11:44:53

Ha ha, no, I am trying to do some work so kids out. I haven't done a scrap due to that bloody chicken (AKA dossing on MN).

OldGregg Wed 06-Aug-08 12:17:59

My hens squawk for ages when they're waiting for their favourite nestbox or if the crows have got into the chicken pen and are eating the food.

So if there is nothing for her to be alarmed about then you have a good chance of getting an egg later!

largeginandtonic Wed 06-Aug-08 12:19:56

Mine too, one in particular makes a hell of a racket. I think she just likes the sound of her own voice tbh. Drives me crazy though!

TeeBee Wed 06-Aug-08 12:28:44

Phew. That's a relief. Her chicks are playing guards at the coop door now, so I think we may be in business. Hurrah, omelette for tea hopefully. However, might be a square one if the noise is anything to go by.

TeeBee Wed 06-Aug-08 14:08:36

Hurrah, the egg has arrived. Hopefully no more sqwarking. Off to do some work now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now