Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you sell your eggs?

(15 Posts)
electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 11:40:41

And if so how much for?
I was thinking £1 fior 6 but now am wondering if that will even copver food.

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 13:49:27

i was thinking of doing this, on a table at bottom of drive. dunno how much really... how much are eggs normally? <goes to look it up>

do you think fresh free range eggs from v pampered happy chooks should be more or less than supermarket eggs?

Chocolateteapot Fri 01-Aug-08 13:50:51

I buy my eggs from various people who own chickens locally. Usually pay £1 for 6.

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 13:51:12

Thats what I wondered, they are 1.50 for 6 in thesupermarket. i like the idea of local produce etc being cheaper, I definatley have a good customer base already. Mind you someone will have to lay an egg first grin

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 13:51:58

£2.15 for organic free range at waitrose.

i guess you could easily get away with a pound fifty then, no?

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 13:52:38

ah, chocTpot has answered. a pound for 6 it is then.

Chocolateteapot Fri 01-Aug-08 13:53:40

But I am in an area where a fair few people sell their eggs. If you are the only one I guess you could charge more if you wanted to.

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 13:57:48

but i spose if people can get eggs rom the supermarket for 1.50, theyve no great incentive to make a special trip to my place for mine. other than the fact that they are MILES tastier of course wink

Chocolateteapot Fri 01-Aug-08 13:59:52

Well start them off for a pound, get them all hooked on the lovely fresh taste, then stick them up a bit and tell them that chickens are affected by the credit crunch as well !

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 14:10:17

grin

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 14:42:09

grin quite like that.
been looking for names for the 2 new girls (ds1 wants to call them Fluffy and Snuggles ffs <rolls eyes>). i was thinking Ben and Gwen... but Credit and Crunch? lol

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 17:53:19

OMG I am a loon, I have just phoned my mum and said I forgot to ask if the chooks lay an egg can you weigh it and write down the colour, actually I inherited this from her so she understood. grin I need to know.

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 17:54:16

totally wrong thread blush
that makes no sense at all here.

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 18:05:02

lekkie my dear, it amkes no sense to anyone anyway, except you and your mum of course grin
tho, i have read the thread where it does make sense, and as theres only about 6 of us in chicken keepers i think its safe most people will grin

no chickeny people have been on all day <sob>

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 18:18:11

I need a sticky tongue out emotion.

I am going to miss my chicky chooks.

I am already missing my cats.

Now if someone wanted dd's for a week that might be different grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now