(10 Posts)
NutterlyUts Thu 31-Jul-08 20:31:25

Back pic
wing
wing2
Camouflaging

electricbarbarella Thu 31-Jul-08 21:41:54

light sussex?
i don't really know anything though just a guess.

So cute.

RuffleTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 23:38:53

can you tell that early?
when i was at the rare breeds place getting my orpington and cochin, i think it was silkies i asked about that she said shed no idea what sex they were yet and they were quite a lot bigger than that. might not have been... she didnt have any silkies to sell anyway for some reason... not enough hatched this yr or something.

NutterlyUts Fri 01-Aug-08 08:30:49

Silkies can't be sexed until later. Experienced people often get an idea at 6 weeks, but its not certain until bout 15weeks, and even then there can be not sures! This chick, whatever it is, isn't a Silkie so should be sexable a lot younger. Its something to do with length of feathers on the wings.

NutterlyUts Fri 01-Aug-08 08:31:25

Silkies can't be sexed until later. Experienced people often get an idea at 6 weeks, but its not certain until bout 15weeks, and even then there can be not sures! This chick, whatever it is, isn't a Silkie so should be sexable a lot younger. Its something to do with length of feathers on the wings.

NutterlyUts Fri 01-Aug-08 08:31:44

NutterlyUts Fri 01-Aug-08 08:33:06

electricbarbarella Fri 01-Aug-08 08:36:36

you on your phone agin grin

NutterlyUts Fri 01-Aug-08 13:52:45

I was!! I hate that thing!! It says message not sent, so you re-send it and then bam, 100 messages!

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 13:54:22

hey i was right!
im really getting into this chicken lark wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now