Talk

Advanced search

I let the girls out

(6 Posts)
electricbarbarella Mon 28-Jul-08 19:49:33

twas really really scary, they went back in no problem, only let them out for 1/2 hour i was so nervouse about it.

twocutedarlings Mon 28-Jul-08 20:29:42

arrhh bless em, i knew you would keep them in for long grin

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Mon 28-Jul-08 21:06:32

Well done you brave chicken lady and well done to your hens for knowing where they live!

I had all 21 of mine out today. There were a few fluffing-ups when the three separate groups crossed each others paths but nothing serious! Seeing the small chicks out with mother hen is fab!

electricbarbarella Mon 28-Jul-08 21:14:21

the cats were stalking them and I saw a few spots in the fence where i though they may be able to get through, i don't think I could let them out when i am not sat with them although i may get braver.
We had lots of fluffing up, is really funny isn't it, and one flew a little higher than I expected her to be able to.
Hopefully to thank me someone will think about giving me an egg sometime soon.grin

Doodle2U Wed 30-Jul-08 11:31:53

The first egg is ridiculously exciting!

I let mine out for a few hours each day but only when I'm around.

They snuggle up to the dog if he flops down in a patch of sun and they studiously ignore our ancient old cat, who does like-wise.

ladytophamhatt Fri 01-Aug-08 07:05:26

Ours come out most days now but yesterday I saw a cat stalking them around the garden and our elderly neighbours (who seem to live in their garden) said the other day they were out and turned around to see Mr Fox standing thereshock

I knew there was one about as one of teh dsses had left a plank of wood lying on the ground across the door and there was big fox poo on it recently. He'd obvious been sitting at the door to the coop just watching them.

Bastard thing!

Now we're only letting them out if our dog is out there too. Shes so funny with them, I saw her virtually nose to nose with one the other daysmile
If she does hear anything she goes steaming up the garden with here biggest scariest bark (which is really not big or scary)....but then almost falls over herself trying to stop running/barking when the chicken are outsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now