Talk

Advanced search

Bob's going back

(9 Posts)
electricbarbarella Mon 14-Jul-08 17:29:19

Bless him, he is so cute. he is going back tonight, dh is taking him when he gets home from work, mind you we have to catch him first.
We are swapping him for another, I have told dh to pick one that looks nearly ready to lay, ie red comb and wattles if possible so the others won't pick on it.
Ihave been told it will be ok to go in as they have only been together for a day and were together at the breeders.
Mydd1 is very very upset and keeps saying she will tell bob not to be noisy and he can stay, I am not sure the neighbours will agree. grin

Ladytophamhatt Mon 14-Jul-08 17:35:49

Poor ole' Bob.

BTW, We added another chicken a few days after we got ours and it was vicious in there.
Same breeder, same flock etc etc but they terrorised the poor thing. Even Mabel who so far down the pecking order shes off the end of it had a go.
It was like cock fighting in there.

But, I sat out side the run with a long bit of bamboo through the wire to herd them away from her and did lots of "no no no no no " shouting if one of them did manage to get her and within a day it had all settled down.

So be prepared for fire works just in case.

How are you finding it? It ridiculaous excited about it??
grinpgrin]

electricbarbarella Mon 14-Jul-08 17:40:18

I am still loving it, although I spent most of the weekend in bed fighting of the cold I ended up with after fridays wet construction. I also now have a large green bruise on the side of my face. I am a bit upset about BOB but it has meant that i have done a lot of research into a very interesting breed.
I have no idea how we are going to catch him.

princessofpower Mon 14-Jul-08 17:47:24

Message withdrawn

electricbarbarella Mon 14-Jul-08 17:50:10

that is about what we are planning, dh should be home about 8.30 so they will have an hour before they go to bed, they have been going to bed at 9.30 on the dot.
they are so funny.
the accident was funny (apart the hurting bit) could have been on a comedy sketch. shame i didn't have a video camera I could have some money towards the cost of my cube grin

Ladytophamhatt Tue 15-Jul-08 07:11:31

Did you get a new one?

electricbarbarella Tue 15-Jul-08 07:17:22

yeh, got anamber link called fizz, she is lovely and they seem to have accepted her fine, they were all together until Saturday anyway, apparently bob went back into his pen with no trouble either and the breeders little girl was really happy to see him. He was a cutie, I will definatley be getting some hairy feeted chooks in the future.
It is very hard to tell the difference between the amber link and the white star who has poo on her wing. grin

princessofpower Tue 15-Jul-08 08:45:53

Message withdrawn

Doodle2U Tue 15-Jul-08 19:38:18

Au revoir Bob. Hope where ever he ends up, he gets to perform his manly duties.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now