Talk

Advanced search

fox attack :(

(4 Posts)
ditavonteesed Tue 04-Oct-16 07:43:00

So I no longer have chickens. We allow them to sleep in the run until it gets cold and have done for 8 years now, last night a nasty fox came and got into the run and killed them all. We have an early cube and had converted the end panel so you can step in as it only had a free ranging door so you couldn't clean it out. anyway it involved velcro fasteners and the fox had ripped them. I honestly never thought it was a risk we have had them so long. I am heartbroken.

Knitella Tue 04-Oct-16 09:28:43

Oh Dita that is so sad flowers

I had to chase an urban fox away last night - he wasn't the least bit scared of me. I'm sure he'll be back. My worry is that he comes in the day when the ladies aren't in a fox proof run.

At least your ladies had 8 very happy years.

atticusclaw2 Tue 04-Oct-16 09:31:10

flowers. Its horrible when that happens. We lost ours a few months ago and won't replace them until the spring. I miss them wandering around.

ditavonteesed Tue 04-Oct-16 18:15:08

So 2 were still in the run presumed it had taken the third but neighbour has just been round to tell me they found it in their garden so it didn;t even take any. evil thing just killed them for nothing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now