Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on this Solway coop please?

(5 Posts)
catwithflowers Sat 12-Sep-15 05:20:38

www.solwayrecycling.co.uk/recycled-shop/pig-poultry/hen-houses/deluxe-eco-hen-house-with-large-sliding-superfront-door

We already have an Eglu classic, which we like, but aiming to buy more hens next year so need a larger coop and run. Does anyone have a Solway chicken house?

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 12-Sep-15 07:14:34

I've seen them in RL if that helps? We thought they looked like they could be cold. I liked that they came apart easily but dh thought it left gaps.

catwithflowers Sun 13-Sep-15 14:34:09

Thank you for your very helpful reply. It seems we might be looking for something a little less draughty smile

FickleByNurture Tue 10-Nov-15 14:02:33

Hi there, I have a Solway coop. It came mostly assembled which means it didn't fit through my front door. You can't easily just take bits off as it's actually mostly bolted together. The bits left to assemble were so tight fitting that at one point I was worried that I wouldn't be able to put it together but eventually I managed it and my chooks seem quite happy in there. We got one with two perches and a solid floor.

HTH

czechpie Sat 08-Apr-17 08:15:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now