Talk

Advanced search

Help! There's a chicken in our garden

(6 Posts)
ejecoms Thu 06-Aug-15 14:54:03

Our NDNs are on holiday and one of their chickens is in our garden! What should I do? They are meant to have their wings clipped but clearly it has got over the 5ft stone wall between our houses. I don't have their phone no but a mutual friend is trying to contact them.

What should I do? Put it in a box? feed it? Give it water?

roseteapot101 Thu 06-Aug-15 15:10:22

lol what a funny thing to find in your garden

there must be someone looking after the chickens i wonder if you could leave a note somewhere saying please call one of your chickens in my garden

CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Aug-15 15:13:44

It'll go back when it feels like it. Occasionally one of ours will hop the wall, and they always come back

Bakeoffcake Thu 06-Aug-15 15:22:22

I'd want to put it back because of its left in your garden overnight, a fox might get it.

So if get my dh to catch it -- gently throw a blanket over it then pick it up with the blanket and take it next door.

Fluffy24 Thu 06-Aug-15 15:27:38

Catch her and if the rest are still in their garden, ie not yet been closed in for the night or having escaped from a supposedly secure hen run then pop her back over the fence, though maybe leave a note for whoever is looking after then so they know.

ejecoms Thu 06-Aug-15 18:55:44

Thanks! We managed yo get her back over the fence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now