Talk

Advanced search

Fresh start for hens

(4 Posts)
schilke Tue 06-Jan-15 18:05:44

Has anyone rehomed any hens through them? I've not had any ex battery hens before. Will it work with my current 3? They're not particularly bossy and I have a walk in run which I can divide during the day to keep them apart.

Shall I get 3? I have an eglu cube so have room for them.

Jennyjanuary Sat 10-Jan-15 21:03:03

No idea ,I didn't get mine from there,but I have 10 ex-bats since the end of November and I adore them.They are the fabbest girls ever.You will not regret it..I have so many eggs too...I have to give them away to friends and family every week.shock

Oodbrain Wed 21-Jan-15 07:31:35

We've rehomed through them. When we got our second lot we kept them separate initially then divided up our dominant ones and the rest to settle them in without getting battered.
Some arrive in worse states than others so depends how vulnerable they are I suppose

schilke Sun 01-Feb-15 16:47:32

Thanks. We got them yesterday. It's a bit stressful! I have them apart from my original hens, but they have tried pecking each other through the barrier. Last night I kept the new ones in a temporary home, but have read I should put the new ones in the proper coop and move the original ones to a temp home!
Got 2 eggs from them today! They're not in too bad a state. A bit bald!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: