Talk

Advanced search

Fox watch - any thoughts ?

(4 Posts)
lemonstartree Wed 28-Sep-11 21:45:13

we are about to take delivery of some chickens, I am worried about Mr Fox, despite good safety in the coop. Anyone used Foxwatch ? any thoughts about if this is worth it??

thanks

lst

Lizzabadger Thu 29-Sep-11 22:00:35

I have one. I don't have a problem with foxes. Not sure whether the two are linked.
I'd spend my money on anti-dig flooring/skirting for the run before I spent it on a foxwatch but it's probably a good optional extra.
I also have an electric fence, prikka strip on top of my fences and I spray the boundary with some solution that's supposed to mimic male urine (I may be a bit paranoid!)

dandycandyjellybean Sat 01-Oct-11 21:45:24

What is foxwatch? having just had my entire brood of 4 killed in one go by fox, and replaced today by 7, I am v interested. What is anti dig flooring, lb, and prikka strip, neva heard of this. Is electric fence really as good as they say. Could we use it with our chickens at the allotment, if we ahve a just turned 6 ds, who loves to fill the feeder and collect the eggs. how does it work please?

Lizzabadger Thu 13-Oct-11 22:29:30

So sorry about your girls. The best thing is to google everything as the sites will explain better than I can and have pictures. The Flytesofancy website might be a good place to start. Hope you have better luck with your new girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now