Talk

Advanced search

Sour crop and aspirating- help!

(7 Posts)
grumpykat25 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:05:53

Hello , I'm a newbie to the coop although have had chooks/mnetted for a couple of years.
Can anyone help with Babs please? She has a sour crop, and hasn't been able to clear it herself. Dh just did the vertical chicken vomiting trick (causing her to vomit on his legs) and now Babs is watching telly with us keeping warm.
She sounds like she now has fluid on her lungs, presumably the vomit has partially gone the wrong way. She's coughing and rattles a bit. Should I worry, and if so, what do I do next?
Thanks all smile

mummymeister Wed 27-Jul-11 22:06:17

Has she got URTI/a cold. are her eyes sticky? how old is she?

grumpykat25 Wed 27-Jul-11 22:10:55

No cold as far as I know. Her eyes are a little sticky but the crop was big and soft this evening and she vomited up fluid, no solids. I've ordered some antibiotics for tomorrow but I'm just a bit worried about her new rattly breathing.

grumpykat25 Wed 27-Jul-11 22:11:53

She's a three year old ex-batt btw

grumpykat25 Wed 27-Jul-11 22:16:13

Going to bed now but will check in in the morning, thanks for any help smile

grumpykat25 Thu 28-Jul-11 07:25:05

We lost Babs sad

mummymeister Thu 28-Jul-11 22:19:38

Oh i am sorry. she may have had urti which they can get as a secondary infection if something else lays them low. Keep an eye on the rest of your flock as it can take a week or so to come out. you clearly made sure that the second half of her life was so much better than the first. Some comfort i hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now