Talk

Advanced search

Electric fencing?

(6 Posts)
Grockle Tue 19-Jul-11 21:43:43

Right, after a fox attack, I am looking at electric fencing (rather than poultry netting that I was going to use) but I know nothing about it. Where should I get it from? Will it really deter the fox? I know a determined one will get in anyway but I'm hoping it'll keep them away.

WhipMeIndiana Wed 20-Jul-11 13:40:12

think you need to dig deep foundations for fences and cover the top as well, bumping for you

Grockle Wed 20-Jul-11 18:19:37

lots of people know have fenced off areas for their hens without deep foundations (chooks locked away at night) or a roof, I just don't know where that get their electric fencing from. Thanks for the bump

violetwellies Wed 20-Jul-11 18:28:04

You can't sink electric fencing & if the grass gets long it shorts out, but Im desperate & I'm going to get some after carnage with my home hatched poults and Cream Legbarish layers, gone from 80 to 30 in 3 months, the worst raid being 14 in broad daylight. sad Cheap second hand fox anyone?

Grockle Wed 20-Jul-11 18:35:42

Oh violet sad

MissBeehiving Wed 20-Jul-11 18:53:46

sad

I have an electric fence from www.solwayfeeders.com but don't have a lot of trouble with foxes - there's a lot of food about for them here (rabbits and pheasant).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now