Talk

Advanced search

"I'm telling you - round here you get interfered with sexually if you don't go to bed"

(8 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jul-11 12:11:14

said one of my chickens to the other grin

She wouldn't go to bed Saturday night and was acting all odd in the run so I convinced myself she was egg-bound, brought her inside and had dh hold her on the kitchen table while I explored her vent very gently.

DH said "neither her nor I were expecting our Saturday night to turn out like that". She clucked loudly and was most surprised.

She wasn't egg-bound as far as I could tell so I greased her vent and put it back in the house.

She went to bed the moment it got dark last night grin

CQrrrneee Mon 04-Jul-11 12:12:08

grin I'll bet she did!

nickelbabe Mon 04-Jul-11 13:53:15

grin

mummymeister Mon 04-Jul-11 16:09:15

I have a cockerel that lives up a tree and won't go into the coop no matter how many times we move him. Are you free to work your magic on him too!!!

RightUpMyRue Mon 04-Jul-11 16:11:47

"greased her vent"

<faints>

brambleschooks Mon 04-Jul-11 16:43:04

Fnar.

This morning my husband helped me to catch father jack Hackett, wash her bum and trim her feathers around her vent. Not a brazillian or a landing strip or anything, just a light trim to stop her feathers going all claggy. It was not what he hAd expected to do this morning, so he says.

The others are cautious.

MissBeehiving Mon 04-Jul-11 19:19:27

You haven't lived until you've stuck your finger up a chickens arse grin

CroissantNeuf Mon 04-Jul-11 19:23:12

OMG.

I've always wanted to keep chickens but I'm not sure I'm up to......<lowers voice and hitches bosom Les Dawson style> ......that sort of thing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: