Talk

Advanced search

"I'm telling you - round here you get interfered with sexually if you don't go to bed"

(8 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jul-11 12:11:14

said one of my chickens to the other grin

She wouldn't go to bed Saturday night and was acting all odd in the run so I convinced myself she was egg-bound, brought her inside and had dh hold her on the kitchen table while I explored her vent very gently.

DH said "neither her nor I were expecting our Saturday night to turn out like that". She clucked loudly and was most surprised.

She wasn't egg-bound as far as I could tell so I greased her vent and put it back in the house.

She went to bed the moment it got dark last night grin

CQrrrneee Mon 04-Jul-11 12:12:08

grin I'll bet she did!

nickelbabe Mon 04-Jul-11 13:53:15

grin

mummymeister Mon 04-Jul-11 16:09:15

I have a cockerel that lives up a tree and won't go into the coop no matter how many times we move him. Are you free to work your magic on him too!!!

RightUpMyRue Mon 04-Jul-11 16:11:47

"greased her vent"

<faints>

brambleschooks Mon 04-Jul-11 16:43:04

Fnar.

This morning my husband helped me to catch father jack Hackett, wash her bum and trim her feathers around her vent. Not a brazillian or a landing strip or anything, just a light trim to stop her feathers going all claggy. It was not what he hAd expected to do this morning, so he says.

The others are cautious.

MissBeehiving Mon 04-Jul-11 19:19:27

You haven't lived until you've stuck your finger up a chickens arse grin

CroissantNeuf Mon 04-Jul-11 19:23:12

OMG.

I've always wanted to keep chickens but I'm not sure I'm up to......<lowers voice and hitches bosom Les Dawson style> ......that sort of thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now