Talk

Advanced search

Come and sympathise - my parents are on holiday and I'm hen-minding

(5 Posts)
bran Sun 19-Jun-11 00:06:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coffeewhitenosugar Sun 19-Jun-11 22:04:13

This reminds me of when I hen-sat for my mum - I lost one to the fox and according to my dad caused all his tomatoes to split by not watering them enough! I sympathise with you completely and hope the remaining chickens hold out. I heard a great joke once about a boy who stayed home while his parents were on holiday - one day when his mum phoned home to check he told her the cat had died and she burst into tears, his dad came to the phone and told the boy he should have let her down gently by saying the cat was on the roof the first night and then when she phoned back he should say the cat was missing, then the third night he should've said the cat had died - when the mum phoned the next night, the boy said "mum, granny's on the roof"! Next time I hen-sit I hope no chickens end up on the roof! grin

bran Mon 20-Jun-11 11:20:03

hiddenhome Tue 21-Jun-11 13:56:54

Sounds like they need worming tbh. Having the runs isn't normal and usually due to worms. Worm can and do kill chickens.

Get them some Flubenvet asap.

bran Tue 21-Jun-11 20:17:36

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now