Talk

Advanced search

got my intro plan, does it sound ok?

(2 Posts)
ditavonteesed Sun 05-Jun-11 11:54:41

spent the whole morning trying to work out how to do intros into my cube, gone from hiring eglu, to buying an eglu with no run and letting newbies free range all day (is perfectly safe here never had any foxy problems).
so just had a light bulb moment, if I am going to let them free range all dayy anyway how about letting the newbies free range all day and then putting them in a cat carrier in the run (should be safe then) at night.
anybody done this? do you think it would work, obviously only for a few weeks while they sort themselves out to prevent any blood shed.

Punkatheart Sun 05-Jun-11 19:46:06

Actually the sleeping is when they are LEAST confrontational. They get sleepy and cuddle up together. You can pop them in when dark and take them out early in the morning. But free-ranging together during the day may be a problem. Is there an area you can fence off so they can see and smell one another but not peck? Otherwise there may be chasing, pecking and pinning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: