Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

We only allow registered charities to be promoted on this Talk board. Please do not post links to crowdfunding or any other unregistered fundraising effort as MNHQ is unable to endorse or vouch for these types of fundraising pages.

To ask you to give what you can to the DEC East Africa Appeal?

(17 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TinfoilHattie Wed 15-Mar-17 18:40:17

Just that.

www.dec.org.uk/splash/africa

ButtonBoo Wed 15-Mar-17 18:56:46

YANBU. Just seen their TV appeal. So so awful. Am just about to donate.

ohidontknowwhattochoose Wed 15-Mar-17 19:00:03

Done...

Birdsgottaf1y Wed 15-Mar-17 19:06:10

I was watching the peice on the News about it, apparently the aid isn't getting through and the Government aren't sticking to the promises that they made.

Hopefully Mo Farah getting involved and the publicity that that's gained, will help change that.

BakerBear Wed 15-Mar-17 19:10:26

It was horrible to watch the tv appeal. The flies landing on the poor kids

coconuttella Wed 15-Mar-17 19:22:01

Have done.... awful to think this can still happen.

limon Wed 15-Mar-17 19:25:23

Yanbu. I have donated today.

73kittycat73 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:38:53

Thank you for posting this. I had trouble getting to the site (Hopefully due to traffic.) so Googled instead. I felt bad as I only donated a small amount compared to others. Glad to see so many people helping though.

TinfoilHattie Wed 15-Mar-17 19:47:16

You can also donate direct to any of the charities which make up the DEC.

Imstickingwiththisone Wed 15-Mar-17 22:56:27

Absolutely horrifying that this is happening. I wish I had more to give or could do something to help.

onceyoupop Wed 15-Mar-17 23:40:25

Thank you for posting. Every donation is matched by UK Aid. Yes please let's continue to raise the profile of this dreadful catastrophe and hope and pray that lives are saved.

NastyWoman Thu 16-Mar-17 06:09:53

Done, thank you

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Thu 16-Mar-17 06:34:02

Yes I also had trouble getting through yesterday after the TV appeal reminded me that I was meaning to give, I hope that was due to unexpectedly high traffics.

The automatic phone number worked fine though (I photographed the TV so I'd remember the details while I got my purse).

TinfoilHattie Thu 16-Mar-17 08:11:55

If you're having difficulties with the DEC website or number you can also give directly to the same appeal through Oxfam or the Red Cross.

www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-Now/Make-a-single-donation/East-Africa-Crisis-Appeal/East-Africa-Crisis-Appeal-hero

donate.oxfam.org.uk/emergency/eastafrica

You can also click on links to find out what these two charities are doing on the ground to help and where your money goes. Money will be accepted over the counter or into donation boxes at Red Cross and Oxfam charity shops too - all those pennies and 2ps from change really do make a significant sum when it's all added together.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-Mar-17 10:29:57

Hello OP, we're just moving this over to the charities noticeboard.
Thanks.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Thu 16-Mar-17 16:35:27

Bumping now that it's been moved to the filing cabinet marked Beware of the Leopard

Imstickingwiththisone Thu 16-Mar-17 22:19:37

Yeah I don't know why they've done that. Might as well just delete the thread - it was put in Chat for traffic presumably.

MNers are already aware of what is happening and that they can donate but I think it's a good reminder while you're online if, like me, you forget to donate despite good intentions to do it at a more convenient time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now