Talk

Advanced search

We only allow registered charities to be promoted on this Talk board. Please do not post links to crowdfunding or any other unregistered fundraising effort as MNHQ is unable to endorse or vouch for these types of fundraising pages.

Hospices for Christmas number one- please support us! 99p to do something amazing!

(1 Post)
KateXland Tue 20-Dec-16 17:06:58

I work at St Joseph's Hospice, in Hackney. We got together with 17 other hospices to record a Christmas single- 'The Living Years' by the London Hospices Choir. The link to buy is: tiny.cc/pykvhy

#Hospices4XmasNo1

But why should you do this? Well, the money raised will support the hospices involved. But that's not really the point. The real point is to use the immense value of all the media exposure to increase awareness of hospice services, and to get more long term supporters. The charity-run hospice sector works closely with the NHS. And as NHS budgets get cut, so do ours via commissioning. At the moment most hospices are 30% NHS funded 70% fundraising. But that's likely to change. We do amazing work, and we want to do more of it, not less.

Want another reason? Well, we have been trying for 6 weeks to get airplay on national radio. But the way the media/music business machine works meant we needed to get on certain playlists. And we didn't, for reasons unclear. So this is Power to the People time.

And why should you do it? Well, we need to sell 3000 a day to stay in the charts. Closer to 10,000 for any chance at number one. If all of you who see this buy it (just 99p, did I mention that??) and tweet about it r#Hospices4XmasNo1 and put it on facebook.... well, anythings possible.

(and the Jo Cox single is great too, go ahead and get that, but I'm not going to make it easy for you and post the link)

More links to buy (I seem to be struggling to get them to come up as hyperlinks sorry). But on amazon/iTunes/HMV as 'The Living Years' London Hospices Choir And see here: twitter.com/ChoirLondon

www.smarturl.it/4sk7sm

smarturl.it/ad3krd

tinyurl.com/zv358sa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now